Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is an amazing product to take care of your hair. This oil adds luster, shine and softness to your hair. Coconut oil that is labelled “virgin” or “extra virgin” is extracted from inside part of coconut using organic methods such as cold-pressing. This type of oil will have more antioxidants as well as a stronger coconut flavor and aroma. High quality coconut oil is produced through cold pressing method.
Coconut oil offers the following diversified benefits to rough or normal hair:
- Hair Conditioning: Coconut oil is only able to act on the surface of dry hair and do not penetrate into the hair fiber. For its sticky nature, coconut oil acts as other oils. It simply coats and conditions the outer cuticle layer enhancing smoothness and increasing the hair fiber’s flexibleness. It also reduces friction and static electricity between the hair fibers.
- Protect hair from damage: Long-time use of hair color, chemical shampoo, conditioner and styling product can damage your hair. Coconut oil uses repair damaged hair and improves hair condition.
- Detangle hair: Sometimes it is painful having tangles and not to separate it. Coconut oil brings a nice solution for this. If you massage coconut oil in your hair, it will be easy to detangle hair. Detangling hair helps to prevent breakage and thinning hair.
- Hair growth: Coconut oil contains vitamin E and fatty acids. It nourishes hair follicles and stimulates hair growth.
- Dandruff: If you massage coconut oil in your scalp, dandruff will be removed from your head. Your scalp will be clean and hair roots will be strong.
- Candida: The antimicrobial properties of coconut oil for hair is effective to fight against candida that spreads on scalp.
- Sun damage: Hot sunlight causes harm to hair. Coconut oil protects hair from damage and acts like a sunscreen of hair.